Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Author Interview: Amy Metz

I share a lot in common with this next author in the interview series.  We are both Kentucky authors, attended Centre College, and write Romance themed mystery/suspense novels set in small Southern towns.  We met at Centre's homecoming this year during the book signing and I am pleased to introduce you to Amy Metz!

Information about books by Amy Metz:
Murder & Mayhem In Goose Pimple Junction is the first in a humorous southern mystery series. The second book in the series, Heroes & Hooligans In Goose Pimple Junction, will be released soon.

1. Your book has a very catchy title.  Can't help but wonder... is Goose Pimple Junction a real place or a product of your imagination?
It’s both. There is a real Goose Pimple Junction in Virginia that I came across in 1985. I loved the name then and never forgot it. When I decided to write a humorous southern mystery, set in a quirky town, the name just seemed to fit. My fictional GPJ is in Tennessee.

2. What do you have planned for the future?  Will you work on stand-alone books or are you creating a series?

Again…both! Goose Pimple Junction is a series. The second one is complete, and I’m working on the third. But because I have writer’s block a lot, and probably because I’m a little ADD-afflicted, I’m also working on two romance novels, a memoir, and a thriller. It depends on which of my imaginary friends is talking to me as to what I work on.

3. What was your inspiration to write Murder and Mayhem in Goose Pimple Junction?

Sadly, the two murders that take place in the 1930s portion of the book are based on family history. As a child, I heard the stories of the murders many times and always thought someone should write a book about them. One of the murders was never solved, and that’s the basis for they mystery in the book.

4. What one thing can you not live without while you are writing?

Well, I’m not just being cheeky when I say it would be my computer. In addition to the word processor aspect of it, I use the Internet for research or the online thesaurus. Plus, I’d go crazy if I couldn’t check email or take breaks to feed my addiction with Pinterest once in a while.

5. What was the last book by another author that you read?

Life Minus 3 ½ by Dennis Hart. I highly recommend it.

6. Bless your heart!  What is your favorite Southern saying or slang?

Oh my goodness, GPJ is full of southern sayings, so it’s hard to choose, but I do love “Get your straw out of my Kool-Aid.”

No comments:

Post a Comment